Re: NANFA-- green earthworms dont squiggle and live foods

Jim Capelle (JCapelle_at_tampabay.rr.com)
Fri, 12 May 2000 11:46:53 -0400

I just got back from a couple weeks away with the Army and noticed a tread
on earthworms, before I left I had posted the (Below) to the live food
list. I know this is the season to collect fish and live foods I thought I
would resend this to this list for any who do not want to get their hands
dirty.

I went to the "Pets 00" show in Tampa, FL this past March, it is a pet
dealers trade show. While I was there I went to every dealer of live foods
and found a few that would deal to the consumer directly. You may have to
spend a min. of $10/$25 or buy 500 crickets, but they will send you
information on how to keep them alive and fresh if you ask and they have
food and containers to keep them in too. Some sell flightless fruit flies
too. They all sell worms.

Grubco, Inc., http://www.grubco.com Box 15001, Hamilton, Ohio 45015-0001

Top Hat Cricket Farms, Inc. http://www.tophatcrickets.com/products.html
1919 Forest DR. Kalamazoo, MI 49002

Ghann's Cricket farms, Inc. www.ghann.com 125 Cedar Lane, PO Box 211840,
Augusta, GA 30917-1840

This next one sells to PetsMart and their product did not hold up to miss
handling by the staff. They told me that PetsMart has retrained the staff
on how to keep the stuff fresh. I'am still paying retail when I can get it
from source cheaper.
Timberlane http://www.timberlinefishers.com 201 E. Timberline RD. Marion,
Illinois 62959

JiM C.