RE: NANFA-- Spawning in high water/non-point

Christian Reynolds (creynolds_at_runbox.com)
Tue, 29 May 2001 09:42:52 -0400

If it is there are no other species that compete directly with it, or use it
as a food source, which in most streams there is nothing that is large
enough to consider a trout as prey, then it is a top-level predator in that
particular environment.

if you have 3o species of minnow and one species of sunfish in a stream,
that sunfish is a top level predator, because it out-competes everything
else, and nothing directly feeds on it.

-Christian

"People who work don't know how to fish."