Re: NANFA-- warning: someone sending out virus using NANFA

Al G Eaton (sege7_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Fri, 10 May 2002 06:59:19 -0700 (PDT)

If you are email lists, and were unlucky enough to
have your email addie harvested then you have probably
been getting a copy of the klez worm virus. Not only
does this virus send itself out to people from
infected computers, it also spoofs the from address.
That means the person who sent the virus is probably
not the person in the header thats viewable when you
look at your received messages list. Most probably
they don't even have the virus. I've received a few
copies from people who weren't even infected by the
virus, and I have gotten messages saying I bounced
some email. A review of those messages indicated they
were really sent by someone else who spoofed my email
address. The klez virus was running rampant on the
APD list a week or two ago. Just don't download and
open any attachments. Erase the messages. The klez
virus is usually in a message that is about 125 to 129
k. If you dont have a virus software and your IE
software patches up to date I strongly recommend doing
so. Older versions may not recognize the klez virus.

Klaus

=====