Re: NANFA-- fwd: Snakehead or bowfin? (Wildbulletin mailing

Moontanman-in-aol.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 11:55:00 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/04 10:47:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ichthos-in-comcast.net writes:

> One other gripe: To suggest that restrictions on snakeheads will lead to
> restrictions or bans on all tropical aquarium fishes is guilty of the same "
> sky is falling" mentality so often attributed to environmentalists.

I disagree Chris, there are people out there who think that keeping of fish
in aquariums should illegal in any form. To the these people snake heads can
indeed be used to influence the unknowing uncaring people that all aquarium fish
pose a threat. Someone in power looking for a way to show his constituents
that he is doing something and a whisper from someone who is against the keeping
of fish altogether is all it takes for a law to be proposed. it almost
happened a few years ago but cooler heads stepped in to prevent it. One day those
cooler heads may not be around.

moon
/ nanfa-in-aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ nanfa-request-in-aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to
/ nanfa-digest-request-in-aquaria.net instead.