Re: NANFA-- Clams of Tennessee

Noturus_at_aol.com
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 12:30:50 EST

Mark

The Tennessee Clam book is a great book. Probably the best thing going on FW Mussels. It should be available through the Univ. of Tenn. Press. There's another book that might help in your area... Freshwater Mussels of the Midwest by Kevin Cummings (if you were at the NANFA meeting in IL a couple of years back you might have met Kevin there) and Christine Mayer 1992. Published by the Il Nat. Hist. Surv. It's a much smaller book, but very useful and well illustrated.

Good luck on the snails! Not many folks know anything about these guys and there's little useful stuff published!

J.R.