Re: NANFA-- FW: fish for experiments

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:49:36 -0500

<x-flowed>
Heteroclitus can be easily acclimated to freshwater, virtually
instantaneously. It's true that fathead minnows are used in toxicology
studies also; my suggestion for mummichogs is based on observing a number of
studies in action in Massachusetts and maybe being too familiar with the
journal Aquatic Toxicology (always a biggie...).

In truth, either species would work work, especially with the suggestion of
using a control.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL