RE: NANFA-- One reason I get excited about native fishes...

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:17:53 -0500

<x-flowed>
I've only seen a Pacific salmon run once, and that was pretty impressive.
Almost as impressive is an alewife herring run. The fish are smaller, but
they still do an amazing amount of dancing around to get up and over falls
and fish ladders. But in south Mississippi, I think there ain't no herring.
I recommend Furnace Creek in Pembroke, MA, about April 15 every year at the
town's Herring Park. Free parking, easy viewing.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A