Re: NANFA-- Anyone with experiences keeping Central Mudminnows

BILL HOPPE (zzzzzzbill_at_yahoo.com)
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 09:26:05 -0800 (PST)

The bullheads will eat them . If not now then very
soon . The mudminnows are a relativly quiet fish
needing small live foods . They are not agressive
feeders so could be shortchanged if kept with faster
feeding fishes . They do well in a smaller-- species
--tank.Like some cover such as plants to lurk in .
--- "Ashton, Matthew J." <AshtonMJ_at_hiram.edu> wrote:
> I just caught a pair the other day scouting out in
> some new land I had
> mentioned a few months ago and was really excited
> about my find because they
> are lacking ( habitat reasons most likely ) on the
> other stretch of the same
> creek that is on conservation land? I brought them
> in to be on display but I
> havent much information on husbandry on them? They
> will probably go into a
> tank with a pair of small Blakc Bullheads...does
> anyone see any problems
> with that. The Mudminnows are probably as big as if
> not bigger than the
> Bullheads at this moment. Thanks for the input.
> /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this
> list do not necessarily
> / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American
> Native Fishes
> / Association"
> / This is the discussion list of the North American
> Native Fishes Association
> / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or
> get help, send the word
> / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not
> subject) of an email to
> / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version,
> send the command to
> / For more information about NANFA, visit our web
> page, http://www.nanfa.org

=====
Bill Hoppe
Yellville Arkansas