RE: NANFA-- Maumee River YOCW Trip 10/19/2002

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:44:22 -0500

http://www.lewiscountyherald.com/kinnicon.htm

Looks like that was a part of the old Teays River system. You say when. I'm
there. That's only 4-5 hours away from here and easy driving that could be
done on a Friday evening and back on a Sunday evening (read: No vacation was
harmed in the filming of this event :). I'd assume there's camping near by.
Sounds absolutely *beautiful*. I love that area down there. We used to do a
bike ride from Columbus to Portsmouth and back along the Scioto each year.
Once south of Chillcothe, I was in heaven :)

Thanks for the pictures. I'd seen the one that I think is a drawing. Never
found the photo tho, and it shows exactly what I thought... They're goregous!
My goal for next year is to get a quality shot of a Tangerine. Oh, and I'd
like to see some studfish too :)

-----Original Message-----
From: geoff kimber
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 10:18 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Maumee River YOCW Trip 10/19/2002

Are you thinking of the green river? It does have some nice unique species.
I've sampled a few areas, but I didn't get out much this year.

I'm also interested in the Kenneconick (I know that's spelled wrong) up in
northern KY - it's a short creek that drains into the ohio river. I've
heard it is pretty diverse.

There is not a whole lot of diversity in the lexington area. too much
farming and too many people.

As far as tangerine darter pictures:

http://www.cnr.vt.edu/efish/families/tangerine.html

I am not certain if this is a photo or drawing.

this looks like a photo, but it doesn't show the whole body

http://sain.nbii.gov/knowledge_collection/parks_zoos_aquaria.shtml

Geoff Kimber
lexington,KY