NANFA-- U.S. Postal Service, was: Does anyone here

Norman Edelen (piscivore_at_comcast.net)
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 11:37:30 -0800

Hello BG,

I had trouble using USPS express mail. Whenever I dropped the packages off
at my local Post Office the packages would arrive days late. One arrived a
whole week late. It frustrated me greatly. I solved this problem by
dropping off the packages at the Portland Airport Post Office. They are
open 24 hours a day. I could drop the packages off on Sunday night and
usually the packages would be at their destination the next day. I have
never lost a shipment using the Portland Airport Post Office.

When I spoke to my local Post Office about this, they admitted that packages
given to them are sorted for local delivery there, and then have to go down
town to Portland's Main Post Office for sorting as to in town or out of
town, and then out to the Portland Airport Post Office. I simply eliminated
a few steps and it seems that those steps were the source of the delays.

Perhaps if you ask about the routing of your packages prior to being placed
on a plane and you can cut out a few steps too. I hope this helps, even
though it is not the help you sought.

Norm Edelen

Portland, Oregon

A Proud Member of
The Greater Portland Aquarium Society.
www.gpas.org

The North American Native Fishes Association
30 years of conservation efforts, public education,
and aquarium study of our native fishes.
www.nanfa.org

Lake Baikal Endemics Rock!