RE: NANFA-- stinging nettles

Bonnie Ullmann (ullmann_at_uoneuro.uoregon.edu)
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:43:33 -0700

Jay, try oxalis (if it's in your area) on nettle stings. It's
colloquially called redwood sorel in the Lost Coast terrain of
California. It usually grows in same habitat as nettles in west coast
rainforests. Oxalis has a 3-leaf clover configuration with larger
leaves that are usually purple underneath.
We used to use the dirt under the nettles as potting soil. Also, ate
the nettles (but not raw, honest! ...not THAT tough!)
bonnie