Re: NANFA-- Off topic: For the philosophers among you

Frauley Elson (fraulels_at_minet.ca)
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:10:38 -0400

I don't know Luke. I find this thread kind of interesting. I'm well aware of the
views you hold, in their broad outline only as we've never spoken, but I haven't
always seen the many other sides of the coin.
I won't play naive and say my opinions now are unformed - I'm as set in my ways as
the next guy, and I agreed with the Lewis Thomas quote. But, for what it's worth,
it didn't hit me in the same way as the original quote from Jeffers. That one left
me with some good thinking on the road to work and back, which is a pretty good
thing to get from an e-mail list.
I don't think anyone here needs to feel bashed. I've gotten both a new houseplant
idea and an intellectual challenge off this thread.
-Gary