Re: NANFA-- dwarf loach? [off NA fishes topic - sorry]

Tony (anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th)
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:18:18 +0700

No, I am not a fisheries person but friends of mine are in the trade and some
[hobbyists] are connected to fisheries people in Thailand and know a few laws
regarding this stuff. Dwarf loaches are supposed to be found in Laos and Cambodia
but it is not exactly known if good populations are there or not and whether or
not it is sids or nigrolineata. If the catfish "shark" are sanitwongsai then I
think [from memory - someone should check about this] it is in ICUN list so it is
not supposed to be in the trade, but it depends on how the law is enforced since
sanitwongsai are still in the trade around the world.

Tony