RE: NANFA-- JellyFish

Rose Lawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 10:15:02 -0400

Thanks, Nick

I know almost nothing about these creatures, but let me see if I understand
what you're saying.

Your comments about constant current and no obstructions suggest that the
jellies have no propulsion systems of their own, and are completely at the
mercy of the current. If that is so, then would corners in the tank create
dead zones where they would become hopelessly stuck? Do they require
constant motion just to live? What about in the polyp stage?

Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA