RE: NANFA-- JellyFish

Nick Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:53:25 -0700

I have not tried it but I have heard good things. I wonder if it would be
the key to getting crinoids to live for any length of time since they seem
to be size selective in their feeding requirements

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
216.661.6500 ext 4485

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa_at_aquaria.net On Behalf
Of Crail, Todd
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 7:34 AM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: RE: NANFA-- JellyFish

Good stuff Nick. I guess I'll have to use that tank design for artemia
rearing ;)

Thanks for that link, and also Ranger Bob for his link. Some good reading
for
lunchtime :)

Have you guys tried the golden pearls products at the Zoo yet for anything?
May be a great solution for all of us in larval fish rearing. I know
cyprinids will take it. The question is whether baby darters will. The
smaller sized stuff (20-80 micron and 60-100 micron) may even be too small
;)
They have sizes then on thru rotifers up to normal sized cichlid pellets.
And
these things are *loaded* with protein. Check out this out:

http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/brineshrimpproduct5.htm#goldenpearls

They also have all grades of brine eggs etc. I'm excited to get my system
up
so I can start playing with all this next spring :)

Todd