Re: NANFA-- Iredescent sharks

Ty Hall (tyhall_at_mia.net)
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:07:44 -0500

Moon, I believe the "shark" is actually nothing more then an "Albino" type color
morph of the common Channel Cat and not really a "true" tropical. (I could be
wrong) If it is true then they can withstand any temp you'll see in your area.
Someone can feel free to correct me if this is incorrect. (I'd really like to know)
I don't have one of the fish here to compare against a standard Channel Cat. Even
if it is not, my guess would be that they are a very close cousin and most cats of
this type are very hardy. It's an interesting question. If they are hardy in cold
water, they would make great additions to Koi ponds. The problem with most
scavengers is that they are invisible in a pond setting. One of these would be easy
to see. Let me know what you find out. I may try one out in a pond next year just
to see. If it will survive a Wisconsin winter, then it would be good pretty much
anywhere in the CONUS.

Ty