Re: NANFA-- 2001 CONVENTION

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 20:53:01 EDT

That's HILARIOUS!!!... I meant to spell Brookies!!!... I don't know how I
could have let that one go!!!... I guess that can be a little joke all of
you won't let me forget!!!... I think they are a new species!.. HA! Well
Travis, Randy's book, is quite unique, in that it is arranged in such a
manner that will serve as an education too for native stream life. It talks
about the geology also. It is not a scientific book, rather, a book that
will make all who read it understand why it is crucial to maintain the
native aquatic environment, and generate a fascination with these
environments as well. It reaches the people we need to reach, not just the
choir, so to speak. It will be used in such fashion as in schools. I really
can't describe too much about it, as when I saw it, it was only in
preliminary draft. I am sure he is going to bring a finished copy to the
convention.....