Re: NANFA-- Natives should get TV rights

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:33:50 EDT

Yes, it seems that the early republicans have somehow evolved into many of
the repubs. of today, who have absolutly no concern for the natural world,
other than the little slice of paradise they may call their own way up in
the mountains somewhere. Why is it seemingly al right for people like that
to have nature protected in places where they spend leisure time,.... but
when I advocate the fact that we should not build on sensitive watershed
areas, I am considered "extreemist", so to speak!

What is wrong with this scenario??? Are the wealthy the only ones who have
a right to enjoy clean water, air, and an environment? I am however glad to
see that there is a small band of "new breed" republicans that are
recognizing that a healthy environment IS a concern to a growing number of
people. This small band of repubs. was infact started by the great or great
great???... grandson of Teddy Roosevelt himself.

They have realized that the recent republican attack on the environment has
totally turned a lot of people completely off. As for me, I am still human.
I need clean water, air and an environment to live in, and for those who
just can't seem to admit this too, and are in some kind of denial that we
don't need these necessities for healthy and quality life, I wish that they
would stop breathing for about 3 minutes... to see how dependent on nature
they are, and that they are not exhempt from it, rather a part of it.
Perhaps this will slap a bit of reality on their faces.....