RE: NANFA-- Newport Aquarium

geoff kimber (gkimber2_at_earthlink.net)
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 20:33:55 -0500

Jay-
I missed you by 2 days (I was there on Saturday).
I live in Lexington, which is about 90 miles away, so its easy to go.

There are several tanks that have acrylic tunnels, also including an amazon
tank and a reef tank. I find the tunnels a bit dis-orienting, especially
if I move my head. The plastic acts as a lens and the display shifts a
bit. At the end of the shark tunnel there is a section of acrylic that you
walk on and look down into the water. THat was pretty neat, but my 2 year
old wouldn't walk on it at first

The aquarium has only 1 tank with natives in it, which was a bit
dissappointing. It did have a nice bunch of southern red bellied dace,
though.

Geoff Kimber
Lexington, KY