Re: NANFA-- oversimplification

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:28:15 EDT

I agree with the fact that individuals need to get involved. On the other
hand, here in Ohio, Our EPA and ACOE, have seemed to have done more to
protect the rights of those who are doing the destroying, than the health
and well being , of the general public, and the environment, regulations
were meant to protect in the first place. I believe this is the result of
having these agencies directed by political appointees. This is where
politics seem to cross the bridge, and find their ways into the system.
Politicians will generally appoint someone to run the given agency, who will
follow their persuasions who are often controlled by the very entities doing
a lot of destruction. So, as a result, we have a system of regulation that
looks good "on paper" but often fails in reality. Ohio EPA permit approval
is some 90%, while denial is 10%... This does not take into account the ones
that are resubmitted and get approved. All I know is that something is
wrong with this, and our system of regs. all too often gets abused. I
really don't know how to fix it other than telling harsh truisms that may
turn a lot more people off, than on!.... Just some thoughts??? Does anyone
know how to better this abuse in the system, and make it more
functionable???.... Rob C.