Re: NANFA-- Re: Bristol County Natural History Center

Brian Bastarache (bast_at_ici.net)
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:36:32 -0400

I'm looking for the following:
Blacknose Dace - Rhinichthys atratulus
Longnose Dace - R. catarctae
Redbelly Dace(northern or southern)-Proxinus eos or P. erythrogaster

I am going to put them into a 220 gallon "Stream Tank." There are some
Etheostoma olmsteadi, and Fundulus diaphinus, and one Catostomus commersii
in there now. I'd like to get atleast a dozen of each species. But I
would be very thankful for anything. They are native to Mass but they
don't occur in numbers high enough to collect easily (at least anywhere I
know about) or high enough densities that I'd feel comfortable taking a
dozen or so.

Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks,

Brian Bastarache
New England Chapter
Bristol County Natrual History Center/
Bristol County Ag. School- Natural Resources Dept.
bast_at_ici.net

At 08:01 PM 9/25/00 -0400, you wrote:
>At 6:16 PM -0400 9/25/00, Brian Bastarache wrote:
>>Hey All,
>>
>>Ranger Bob has been a big help in getting specimens for one of our native
>>fish displays, but we still need a few species: blacknose, long nose and
>>red sided (northern or southern from stsable pops. please) dace. Anyone
>>have any leads?
>
>I can get Rhinichthys atratulus. It's not clear what you want for the
>third species - Phoxinus or Clinostomus. I can get Phoxinus erythrogaster
>and Clinostomus elongatus. What is it you want?
>

>Mark Binkley
>Columbus Ohio USA <))><
>mbinkley_at_earthling.net

---