Re: NANFA-- Re: snapping turtles

mcclurg luke e (mcclurgl_at_washburn.edu)
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 18:51:40 -0500 (CDT)

I've had snappers take fish off my hook I was in the process of cathing!
One other thing I wanted to add. Here in the plains we see snappers
active at all times of day in all weather(provided it's warm of course).
True, you will see them most during wet weather (picked up a hatchling off
a highway this year in fact) but they also do a lot of walking between
farm ponds here and it's not unheard of to find them walking through a
field miles from any water. I've even seen 10 punders walking through our
yard.

Luke