Re: NANFA-- Alternative Mosquito Fishes

john bongiovanni (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:18:04 -0500

I believe that the distribution of gambusia affinis created many more problems
than it solved. I don't believe that gambusia is an effective mosquito control.
Controlling standing water is the most important and best place to start. The
solutions implemented in Panama to control yellow fever and Malaria were very
effective atthe turn of the century, after it was discovered that the mosquito was
the vector of the parasites.

John Bongiovanni