NANFA-- Alabama Hogsuckers & X-treme Snorkeling

Phobos1969_at_aol.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:02:58 -0400

In a message dated Thu, 26 Sep 2002 9:20:15 AM Eastern Standard Time, fundulus_at_hotmail.com writes:

> Jon
> Any hogsucker you see in this stream system would pretty much have to be the
> Alabama, within the current scheme of things. The fish should have orangeish
> fins and snout tip, and if you got really close and petted them (!) the
> surface of the head between the eyes should be flat or only
> slightly
> concave.

I know they have a reddish orange tint on the tips of their fins, but I don't know about the mouth. I do pet them actually, they are getting used to seeing me around. The eyes and head are the reason I have been wondering about them. Much different than any pics I've seen online.
And as for the X-treme temperatures, they don't bother me, I've had parties down here by the creek that ended with a midnight dip. Its definitely a rush at first but once you're in you get used to it. I have snorkeled in January before. Since its a spring fed creek it maintains a 60 - 62 degree temp year round. But I think I caught a cold from going yesterday! ;)
I am looking forward to meeting all yall who are attending the B' ham area excursion. And if we make it back to my creek thats cool, and if not we'll do it when its warm again. Like I told Casper, you guys have got me really into this kinda thing, and I'm in it for the long run.
Jon