RE: NANFA--Snakeheads and Pacu

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:04:55 -0400

<x-flowed>
A former student here at the university sent me a picture of a fish he and
his daughter caught in the Tennessee River just south of here in June. No at
the marina knew what it was, they all thought it was mutant warmouth. But it
was a big, fat pacu, in really good health! You need a permit to keep pacus
in Alabama and of course it's illegal to dump them into rivers. But, this is
Alabama, where we don't enforce laws except relating to alcohol sales on
Sunday, so the law is obviously a dead letter.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A