Re: NANFA-- Ughhhhh

geoff (gkimber2_at_alltel.net)
26 Sep 2003 18:46:56 -0400

I have used this stuff - It works very nicely.

In fact, I still have a box of 5 of 6 pills of program tabs left from
when I bought it 5 or 6 years ago.. Just went out of date in march.

Since I'm a pharmacist, I used a bit of a trick with this -

You need to use about 40mg for a 55 gallon tank. I bought the 409mg
tabs (for 46-90lb dogs) and ground one up. Then I weighed the tablet
and mixed it with a bunch of sodium chloride (and mixed really well) to
get around 2 grams. then I weighed out 200mg and put it into a capsule,
which I then used for a 55 gallon tank.

You need to be careful weighing small amount on a balance because the
error percentage gets pretty large when you start to get to really small
weights. That's why I added the sodium chloride. For balances commonly
available in pharmacies, the smallest weight you want to measure is
120mg

Be aware that this will mess with anything that uses chitin.

I like crayfish, so I won't use this anymore.

Geoff Kimber
Lexington,KY