Re: NANFA-- Anchor worms in wild caught Fundulus diaphanus

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:17:21 EDT

One treatment for these parasites would be to increase the salinity of the
water. F. diaphanus can tolerate up to 15 ppt salinity, at least, whereas I
would bet these parasites can't osmoregulate at that level of salt. Just a
thought. . .

--Bruce Stallsmith
fundulus_at_hotmail.com