Re: NANFA-L-- Annual CAS and NANFA Ohio Outing

Todd D. Crail (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:40:02 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0AB3_01C54CE2.78DA9D00

How silted was it behind the dam Matt? My major complaint about =
spending the time driving to far NE Ohio is the low productivity of the =
streams and having to work too hard to look-in-fish ;) If it got =
trashed downstream from silt, I don't think that's where I want to =
bother (which may not matter ;), even out of curiosity. That's time I =
coulda spent-in-the Darby or the Mad River with even greater =
biodiversity and LOTS more specimens of each dangit lol

----- Original Message -----=20
From: matt ashton=20
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org=20
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Annual CAS and NANFA Ohio Outing

Wish I could be there this year ... I may have turned on a new member =
or two from the ohiogamefishing.com site though, there was a long thread =
going on about natives in fish tanks. So hopefully you have a new person =
or two joining you and im sure theyd be interested in this trip. A site =
you might be interested in checking out is the Daniels Park Dam in =
Willoughoby...well the former dam, since it was washed out in the big =
winter flooding. I'd see if the water way is even open now but the =
safety concern was the dam, and well its not there ... it would be =
interesting to see whats already moving up it and what is in the former =
pool area and what the habitat is like.

------=_NextPart_000_0AB3_01C54CE2.78DA9D00

How silted was it behind the dam = Matt?  My=20 major complaint about spending the time driving to far NE Ohio is the = low=20 productivity of the streams and having to work too hard to look-in-= fish =20 ;)  If it got trashed downstream from silt, I don't think that's = where I=20 want to bother (which may not matter ;), even out of curiosity.  = That's=20 time I coulda spent-in-the Darby or the Mad River with even greater = biodiversity=20 and LOTS more specimens of each dangit lol