RE: NANFA-L--question about effect of grass carp on native fishesand plants

Subject: RE: NANFA-L--question about effect of grass carp on native fishesand plants
From: Denkhaus, Robert (Robert.Denkhaus-in-fortworthgov.org)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 11:48:42 CDT

> Thanks. Is there a report or study about the actual impact of grass
> carp on minnows and other fishes that use plant habitat as foraging
> sites, breeding sites and shelters? And any study on grass carp
> causing algae blooms?

Tony,

There is a lot of literature out there on invasives of all kinds. I've had good luck finding what I am looking for by doing a google search for the Latin name (in quotes so that it searches for the exact phrase) and also the words "invasive", "effects OR impacts". I also include "pdf" because most of the so-called good stuff will have been converted into pdf format. Good luck finding what you seek.

Rob Denkhaus
Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge
www.fwnaturecenter.org

: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 12:24:22 CDT