NANFA-L-- Re: grass pike behavior in an aquarium

Laura Burbage (leuhrich-in-yahoo.com)
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:26:23 -0700 (PDT)

Lori,
My redfin pickerel sits on the bottom of the tank when
she has overeaten. Sort of like post-Thanksgiving
dinner coma.
-Laura

Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:41:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Lori Austin <providentaustin-in-yahoo.com>
Subject: NANFA-L-- grass pike behavior in an aquarium

I have had a grass pike in my 30 gallon for about four
weeks. It is
about 9" and feeds well but seems to only have two
modes...it either rubs
its snout on the glass while pacing back and forth or
it just sits on
the bottom of the tank. Is this typical for grass
pike or is there
something not right with this individual? Maybe not
adjusting? I had a
grass pike about 15 years ago and I remember it
usually hovering near the
middle of the tank...I don't quite remember it laying
on the bottom 50%
of the time. Any comments appreciated

thanks

thanks