Re: NANFA-L-- Captive Breeding Endangered Species was

J. C. (hillbillynursery-in-yahoo.com)
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:25:41 -0700 (PDT)

Bob and all,

Since I am a killifish nut I have a location of a
species that will be extinct in the wild very soon
because of developement. The AKA has alot of maintance
programs for such fish. I want to save a species that
is illegal to keep in a tank without permits. If the
state would give the AKA several pairs with the
different location codes I could join that species
maintance program and raise them for the pet trade and
further them along in captivity. If laws are in place
to keep them from ever being maintained in captivity
they may become extinct in the wild and then what will
the fish and game people do with the captively bred
fish they have raised. Like another said the mosquetoe
fish are displacing the native species of killifish. I
plan on doing it legally or not-in-all. I just see the
AKA keeping fish alive that have been extinct for
years in the wild. The AKA is like a zoo with many
different species being brought back from near
extinction yet they are all in captivity. Someone has
done a re release of a species of Nothos. in Africa
that has been captivily bred, but it was a failure.

Later, John

http://mail.yahoo.com