Re: NANFA-L-- fish transportation

geoffrey kimber (gkimber2-in-gmail.com)
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:38:26 -0500

You might consider using 3 gallon buckets with lids-

I bought some at Walmart this last year that were a soothing blue or
green and drilled a small hole in the lid for an air line. I tend to
fill the buckets about half full or less. The lids snap on hard and
seal very nicely.

The buckets tend to slosh much less than a long cooler does, and when
half full, they weigh about 12 or 13 lbs.

I keep the air pump in the front of the car where I can keep an eye on
it, so the air pumped back is pretty cool.

If you wanted to, you could prbably do something to insulate the
coolers, but I don't. Of course, there is an airconditioning outloet
right next to where the buckets sit.

Geoff Kimber
christiana, tn