RE: NANFA-L-- Suction - I know, I know...

Peter Unmack (peter.lists-in-)
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:09:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Irate Mormon wrote:

> > And you won't
> >get NSF, NIH or much other funding unless you are affiliated with some
> >recognized organization
> [Irate]
> Why not? Shouldn't your reputation speak for itself? (I have such
> naove and simple ways!) My idea is, if you're paying the University to
> pay your salary, then <expletive> 'em, why not go solo? Pay yourself
> with that 49%.

It's all about accountability. You might fund someone who then decides
they'll go on holiday to Cuba or Iran and take your money and never come
back. Also, research equipment can cost big dollars (depending on what
you are doing of course).

Cheers
Peter