Re: NANFA-L-- Photo Library - PHP Gallery

Jase Roberts (nanfa_list-in-jaseroberts.net)
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:46:06 -0400

Hi All,

Sounds like there are a lot of questions surrounding the idea of a NANFA photo library, especially around copyrights and usage guidelines for submitted photos. I think I was just tossing out a potential technological solution without realizing all the "real world" issues that it'd raise.

Peter tells me that it'd be quite non-trivial to set up PHP Gallery on NANFA's site (based on the current setup it runs on). Todd brings up very good concerns about jumping headlong into a solution that may prove burdensome to maintain in the future. There's also a question about whether there's really an unmet need here -- are folks not sharing photos because they don't have an *easy* way to get them online?

I hope to have my home web server back up and running soon, including PHP Gallery. When I do, I'll give a holler and see if anyone's interested in playing around with it to post some photos (convention, maybe?) If it seems useful, that might be the right time to think more if it's the type of solution NANFA is looking for.

Cheers,
Jase

--
Jase Roberts