Re: NANFA-L-- NANFA 2005 Convention - Christmas Gift

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- NANFA 2005 Convention - Christmas Gift
dlmcneely-in-lunet.edu
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 10:06:43 CST

You should be able to find this book for a lot less money than that. When the publisher dropped the price several years ago, I bought two copies-in-something like $30 apiece. And I saw several this summer in Porters Books in Portland, Oregon (which bills itself as the largest used bookstore in the world, though it also has new books). They were priced in the $25 range-in-Porters. It is a super book, with more life history and ecology information than most state books have. It is slightly out of date (some details of systematics might not be current, some details about ranges also not current, not all of the latest literature included) simply because it was published in 1988 or so. But both authors are outstanding ichthyologists, and the book contains a lot of excellent information. I use mine regularly, with copies-in-home,-in-the office, and in the lab. BTW, Henry Robison is also a co-author, with my Ph.D. advisor Rudy Miller, of _Fishes of Oklahoma_, published by University

Dave

David L. McNeely, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
Langston University; P.O. Box 1500
Langston, OK 73050; email: dlmcneely-in-lunet.edu
telephone: (405) 466-6025; fax: 405) 466-3307
home page http://www.lunet.edu/mcneely

"Where are we going?" "I don't know, are we there yet?"