RE: NANFA-L-- Minnow traps

Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- Minnow traps
From: Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 14:27:49 CST

Trying putting a trap under a bridge in a main channel of water. Or, put it
along a bank, set parallel to the current, especially if it's in shade. I've
found that the only species that really responds well to trap baiting is the
eel, if you're looking for bluefish bait. But local minnows probably don't
need it.

--Bruce Stallsmith
along the slowly receding Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Kudzu" <kudzu-in-kudzupatch.com>
>To: <kudzu-in-kudzupatch.com>
>Subject: NANFA-L-- Minnow traps
>Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:48:41 -0600
>
>Looking for some advice on using minnow traps. In my job I drive a fair
>amount and work in some of the more rural areas. I often cross small creeks
>and I have been thinking that I could set a trap and come back to check in
>couple of hours to a couple of days latter. I looked on the internet and
>found packages deals very reasonably priced on the standard style minnow
>traps.
>
>Can anyone share any advice on the best placement of traps? Baiting?
>
>I have read that often a unbaited trap can do as well as unbaited. I have
>seen this with very small sunfish off my pier. But of course I am looking
>for something other than sunfish this time.

: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 12:41:54 CST