RE: NANFA-L-- Dixie Lee Ray, Zoologist & Marine Biologist

Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- Dixie Lee Ray, Zoologist & Marine Biologist
From: Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 19:57:55 CST

I haven't read Ray's book; I don't think I could bring myself to buy it. But
I still have a poor opinion of her from the time she served on the Atomic
Energy Commission in the '70s. The AEC was still busily releasing
radionuclides-in-Rocky Flats in Colorado from weapons construction and
promoting the construction of nuclear power plants essentially-in-any cost.
Other than that she was probably a wonderful person.

To my knowledge she never kept native fishes, another strike against her. .
. (HA!)

--Bruce Stallsmith
we have shaky nukes along the Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: Sajjad Lateef <sajjadlateef-in-yahoo.com>
>To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
>Subject: NANFA-L-- Dixie Lee Ray, Zoologist & Marine Biologist Date: Sat,
>18 Dec 2004 13:52:10 -0800 (PST)
>

>An article on Dixie Lee Ray, Zoologist & Marine Biologist,
>Governer of the state of Washington and also an environmental activist.
>
>http://www.newsscan.com/newsscan/aacs/#l09
>
>She authored the book "Environmental Overkill: Whatever Happened to
>Common Sense".
>
>I thought that some of you may find the article interesting.
>
>If anyone has read her book, please share your thoughts
>(via offlist email, if you like).
>
>Thanks,
>Sajjad
>
>=====
>--
>Sajjad Lateef e-mail: sajjadlateef AT yahoo DOT com
>Chicago

: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 12:41:58 CST