NANFA-L-- Fw: [Rainbowfish] Fw: [Aqua-culture] News on Koi virus

Subject: NANFA-L-- Fw: [Rainbowfish] Fw: [Aqua-culture] News on Koi virus
From: Jim Graham (jimbob54-in-voyager.net)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 14:01:56 CST

Thought this might be of interest.

Jim Graham
Hastings MI

Though aimed-in-an American audience, perhaps this might be interesting to
Australians. Myxamatosis for carp? Environmental, aquaculture, fisheries
and agriculture impacts of carp in Australia make a carp virus an
interesting concept to look into. If the threat to native and commercial
species is proved to be minimal then releasing such a virus might be
considered an acceptable risk if we can reduce the impact of these aquatic
rabbits.

What do the the folks "in the know" think?

Phil.