Re: NANFA-L-- Elassoma evergladei

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Elassoma evergladei
From: Bob Bock (bockhouse-in-earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 14:15:15 CST

I haven't bred evergladei, but I've bred other elassoma species. What works for me is to keep a pair or a trio in a windowsill aquarium--it doesn't need to be large, just 2-5 gallons. I put lots of java moss or other plants in the container for the fry to hide in. The idea is to let the sun turn the water green. The fry will feed on the green water until their large enough for micro worms and such. The adults have done just fine on blackworms and brine shrimp.