Re: NANFA-L-- Chrosomus firing up

Todd D. Crail (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:13:01 -0500

Thanks for all the feedback folks. I appreciate it.

Yeah I don't mess with any gun season. It's always blaze orange. In fact
it was funny last year when we went to Hatchet and my colleague was like
"Why are you bringing blaze orange? It's like the end of January." and I
was like "Um, yeah.". We got there-in-3 in the morning, pulled into the
parking lot of a little Baptist church and went to sleep. Around 5:30 the
"back road" that we thought we were on turns into a highway (and we were
literally in the middle of no where). Truck after truck after truck.
Couldn't believe it. Then it all stops right when the sun comes up. Turned
out it was just an extra weekend for the deer hunt in the WMA up the road
where we were going to be collecting.

In our drowsy state though, it was all sorts of crazy Yankee Deliverance
ideas (more so my colleague, and then I let him talk me into it on two hours
of sleep)... Stupid stereotypes and prejudice. It's kinda funny looking
back now that Alabama is one of my favorite states in the Union, so much
natural and cultural richness. I just wish it wasn't so danged hot in the
summer, else I'd move there without even a thought.

Todd
The Muddy Ice Madness, Toledo, OH
http://www.farmertodd.com