RE: NANFA-L-- central mudminnow gravel consumption

Bob Bock (bockhouse-in-earthlink.net)
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:34:00 -0500

One idea would be to put a piece of plate glass down flat the gravel, and
feed them on the glass.

Sinking Carnivore Pellets after reading a Nanfa article. Unfortunately the
pellets blend in with the gravel. My mudminnows often get mouthfulls of
gravel instead of the pellets....usually they spit them out. On occasion
there are instances when they don't spit the gravel out immediately but
instead they seem to "freak out"...dash around the aquarium and then sink
like a lead balloon to bottom where they lay for hours......I suspect this
would kill them...but, within a few days they seem OK. Are they
regurgitating this gravel-in-a later date or do they pass this stuff....it
does not seem to be accumulating.