Re: NANFA-L-- pipefishes in the Chesapeake Bay

pinocchio (antilupa-in-yahoo.com)
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:56:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello Bob,
We want you, we want you!

Do we need a scientific permit for the species you
mentioned?
I do have one or two locations for the local seahorse,
but it is somewhere south in the bay. We may need to
get into the water, so it may be a little more
challenging (boat?). I do not know if this species is
protected, but I presumed that the Syngnathus species
are not. I am wondering if we can also find the
Menidia beryllina, the inland silverside. What an
expedition would it be!

Regarding head counts I'm in!

Thank you
sorin