RE: NANFA-L-- native fish supplier

Nick Zarlinga (njz-in-clevelandmetroparks.com)
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:49:54 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C4FD4B.7295A200

Folks, let's be a bit cautious here. He is a new member and has even asked
for our logo to link to his website, or help us design one. Let's not drive
people away from us.

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
216.661.6500 ext 4485

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org [owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org]On Behalf Of
matt ashton
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 9:23 AM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- native fish supplier

OMG! 50.99 for blackside darters and you must buy 2 !

Hmmmm so Ohio fishing license is abou 17 dollars. Gas to drive to places
where I know they exist about 15 dollars. 4 x 8 seine from Cabela's 15
dollars. Bubbler top for 5 gallon bucket was about 15. Even if I were only
to go collecting ONCE all year I am still way up on doing it myself, and
that doesn't even factor in the fun. I am guessing their market is
Europeans, and people in the U.S. that don't know what you can do with a
fishing license.

Spotfin shiner's for 8.99! I can seine 50-in-a time, same thing with
Sand's. Whew I hope it isn't to cover overhead...Logperch fragile????

I just was involved in a long messageboard discussion about natives on
Ohiogamefishing.com and people had no clue about NANFA, or what you could
keep, and how, other than a few pointing out they had kept LMB and
Bluegills. Although one specifically did know you, Todd, said he was a grad
student-in-UTol, and I think I turned a few people onto the site-in-the
least. I think there is just a growing gap of those that know and those
that don't, and those that don't know don't seem to know where to find the
info.

I like their mission statement though.

Bruce Stallsmith <fundulus-in-hotmail.com> wrote:
Wow, they're peddling logperch and rainbows for $20.99 each. I'd be
curious
who the market is, real or perceived.

--Bruce Stallsmith
both sp-ecies are cold today near the Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Nick Zarlinga"
>To: "NANFA (E-mail)"
>Subject: NANFA-L-- native fish supplier
>Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:13:38 -0500
>
>Check out this site:
>
>http://www.btdarters.com
>
>Nick Zarlinga
>Aquarium Biologist
>Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
>216.661.6500 ext 4485

/ reflec! t the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about
NANFA,
/ http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html To subscribe,
/ archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C4FD4B.7295A200 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Folks, let's be a bit cautious here.  He = is a new=20 member and has even asked for our logo to link to his website, or help = us design=20 one.  Let's not drive people away from us.  =

Nick Zarlinga =
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo =
216.661.6500 ext 4485