Re: NANFA-L-- Farmer needs native marine ID help :)

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Farmer needs native marine ID help :)
From: henry (henryjeff-in-pure.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 10:59:49 CDT

The fish in this folder maybe a soap grouper
http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/marine/Sept2002Keys/UNID/
I know it's a grouper, also might be called a leopard grouper. Common names
can always be such a problem.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:48:42 -0400, Todd Crail wrote
> Hi gang,
>
> This has been sitting in "Drafts" long enough with Aquaria.net
> taking a dump lol.
>
> Something else I've been wanting to do is get a native marine
> sampling segment on the website, as I think that's a horribly under
> looked-in-segment of NA diversity that is essentially, right out our
> back doors. I've made forays to the Keys the last three years and
> have compiled some pics... Some of the critters I haven't been able
> to ID. Hopefully someone out there will perk up and clue me into
> what they are :)
>
> The unidentified critter folders I have are:
>
> http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/marine/Sept2002Keys/UNID/
>
> http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/marine/April2003Keys/UNID/
>
> http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/marine/May2004Keys/UNID/
>
> Of course, you're more than welcome to browse the other directories.
> You can click in-in-Marine, or just go back a directory from UNID.
> Once I know who everyone is, I'll put together a more typical "trip
> report" but this time... Marine styyyyle. :)
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!
> Todd
>
> It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
> http://www.farmertodd.com
>
> /--------------------------------------------------------------------
> --- / This is the discussion list of the North American Native
> Fishes / Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily
> / reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about
> NANFA, / visit http://www.nanfa.org . Please make sure all posts to
> nanfa-l are / consistent with the guidelines as per /
> http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html. To subscribe, /
> unsubscribe, or get help, visit the NANFA email list home page and /
> archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

http://www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=HP6673
Shop on-line for Fuller Brush Products-in-
http://FullerDirect.com/9400885
Shop on line for Stanley Home Products-in-
http://FullerDirect.com/9400885
Pure Internet, Inc. (http://www.pure.net)

: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 12:21:35 CDT