Re: NANFA-L-- Interesting news article

Jerry Baker (nanfa-in-bakerweb.biz)
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:50:01 -0700

Derek Parr wrote:
> i was always under the impression that it was unconstitutional to bust
> someone for doing something they did before the law against it was
> created. Not that anyone cares about that outdated piece of paper any
> more.
>
> yet another example of the evils of self-righteousness I guess.

I can't figure out why the owner thought he could ignore the game warden
the first time, tell him he didn't have time to talk to him the second
time, and then cry no fair when they came and seized his fish the third
time. His story doesn't sound very likely to me either. Who really
believes that officials of the government come to your place of business
in order to play a joke, or that you can just tell them to go away
because you're busy? Sounds to me like he willfully chose to disobey the
law, that the officials made several attempts to notify him of his
violation, and that he chose his course of action.