Re: NANFA-L-- "Activists want fish off aquarium menu..."

Moontanman-in-aol.com
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:00:18 EDT

--part1_19a.36de59d1.2ff5b762_boundary

In a message dated 6/30/05 4:39:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dlmcneely-in-lunet.edu writes:

> They might get something right sometime. I think
> the aquarium manager made a much more reasonable response than you did.

You might be right Dave, I didn't say the positions people take aren't
rational just the desire to make others conform to their idea's of what is right and
wrong is what is irrational. I have several "positions" that might be extreme
to some people, the difference is that I don't try to make other people
conform to my beliefs. Do you really think that if PETA were in control that my
desire to eat meat would be tolerated? Obviously if what ever belief I had didn't
go against PETA then they might tolerate me but if it didn't they wouldn't.
PETA has made this pretty plain in their actions. If you want to be a
vegetarian, live without the benefit of technology, or what ever else you want to it's
fine with me but it's wrong to try and make your view the law of the land.

Michael

--part1_19a.36de59d1.2ff5b762_boundary