RE: NANFA-L-- Pictures of fish from this weekend.

Johnson, Daniel (DanJohnson-in-chevron.com)
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:46:05 -0500

Peter,

I was mulling over that species as a possibility. I don't see a barbel
on the fish though. Maybe they don't always have them or maybe they are
too small to easily see. I'm thinking you're probably correct though.
I've never heard of a fish that wouldn't eat. I'm excited about this
fish. It's a new one for me. Where I found them, there was a school of
them hugging the bottom.

--Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org [owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org] On Behalf
Of Peter Unmack
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:02 PM
To: nanfa-l
Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Pictures of fish from this weekend.

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Dan Johnson wrote:

> I hope you're not getting tired of my pictures... :-) I spent time
> this weekend in the San Jacinto and Brazos River drainages. Here's a
> link to some shots:

The first fish looks like Macrhybopsis storeriana. I never had any luck
getting them to eat when I kept them. The red shiner doesn't look like
a red shiner to me, but it could just be the picture too.

Cheers
Peter Unmack
Provo River, Utah
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes /
Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily /
reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA,
/ visit http://www.nanfa.org Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are /
consistent with the guidelines as per /
http://www.nanfa.org/guidelines.shtml To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get
/ help, visit the NANFA email list home page and archive-in-/
http://www.nanfa.org/email.shtml