Re: NANFA-L-- red shiner captive breeding/aquaculture

Blum.Mike-in-epamail.epa.gov
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:02:20 -0500 (CDT)

G'day Mike

You might be interested to talk to Richard Broughton <rbroughton-in-ou.edu>
as he has done a bit of work on red shiners and has looked-in-some
introduced western populations, plus I provided him with a number of
additional western populations (and it would be easy to get more). Bit
different to what you are doing, but might be useful. Can't help you on
the breeding side of things I'm afraid, but they are pretty easy to breed.
Sounds like a neat study though.

Cheers
Peter