RE: NANFA-L-- Next Batch & Answer for Jim

Crail, Todd (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 20:48:01 -0500

Yeah you can't see it very well, but the anal fins and bars on the caudal
peduncle are very blue. They look sorta green, but that's just the way the
photo came. I could gas one of them to really get that blue, but I don't want
to do that really.

I put some movies up there. They're in the root under the folder /movies/

You can see the riffles in action, but not much resolution on the fish other
than those glowing redlines lol :)

Todd

________________________________

From: owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org on behalf of Bruce Stallsmith
Sent: Sat 3/18/2006 7:30 PM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- Next Batch & Answer for Jim

Thanks for posting those pictures Todd, I admit that I wanted copies of
those Little Buffalo "Eth. simoterum" photos. They really do look markedly
different from simoterum I've seen in a tributary to Piney Creek in
Limestone County, AL, or in the upper Paint Rock system in Jackson County,
AL. And they're certainly very different from Eth. duryi, without the
slightest hint of continuous black laterally connecting the dorsal saddles.

Also, was it just my imagination, or did the male simoterum glisten with
more blue when freshly caught than is in the photos?

--Bruce Stallsmith
Along the Black Darter Highway, the Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A