NANFA-L-- bockhouse1-in-verizon.net

Scott Davis (unclescott-in-prodigy.net)
Tue, 9 May 2006 10:12:54 -0700 (PDT)

LOL!

Yes, but I thought maybe how to encourage fish
inclined towards live foods to eat dry food might be
of use. Sorry if it seems like a goofy tangent. :)

Bob, I thought of you in the context of collecting
native fishes the other day. I'm active on a
livebearer's site called guppylog.com . It seems to
have become mostly a site encouraging new aquarists.
Several have stuck around and have really grown in the
aquarist's craft. I've piked the interest of some by
mentioning collecting with NANFA people around here.
One of them is a girl/ young woman by the name of
Kelli who also has picked up a bit of the editorial
stuff on the site.

She's out of the Richmond area. Are you a member of
the Potomac Aquarium Society and do you need more
folks to run down stream as beaters towards a seine
net?

If you don't mind giving advice on natives and the
aquarium society, may I give her your e-mail?

One of the cool things about Guppylog is that most of
the clientele are students, young adults and folks
verging on middle age (30-45). There are a couple old
farts like myself, but it is nice running across
younger people interested in the hobby. We've
connected some with clubs and events in different
parts of the country, gotten a few out sloshing sround
after natives and seen some raw newbies from a couple
of years ago into the role of answering the questions
now, on GL and elsewhere.

I do believe if I get one more "is my guppy female
pregnant" question, mayhem may result, but it is
gratifying to see some of these folks grow as
aquarists.

All the best!
Scott